Cassia has always tried to live just by the rules of the Society, and be what she is expected to be. Until she sees another boy’s face on the screen when she’s Matched. Curious, she comes to know this boy, and starts to wonder that the Society’s choices for her aren’t the right ones. What would life be like if she could choose what she wanted to do, what she wanted to be? Who she wanted to love?
What I Liked About It:
- It didn’t assume the reader knew things about this strange world.
- It also didn’t explain every excruciating detail.
- Characters were reasonably interesting.
What I Didn’t Like About It:
- The world seemed populated by about five people.
- The surrounding characters were more interesting than the main characters.
- This story lingered too long on things that weren’t as interesting, while glossing through what I felt were more interesting parts.
I liked it. Not so much that I would recommend it above some other books, but enough to not regret it.